Thursday, February 24, 2011

Balance…

Something was just brought to my attention. It’s one of those things that I have had an opinion about for a very long time, but all it too was one simple conversation to alter my way of thinking. Crazy huh?

I have always believed that balance in life meant that you had to have good things and bad things in your life. Let me try and explain. If your family was in good health, your finances are going well, and you enjoyed your profession, your personal life would not be good. I feel like I am as clear as mud on this one. Basically I have pretty much always felt that no one could really have it all.

My family amazes me on a daily basis. I have the most fabulous kids on the planet! I have great friends. I have a job I enjoy. AND I am buying a new house! All wonderful things… I am content in those areas of my life. Because I am so happy with those things, I have a tendency to neglect my personal life. I settle for what ever is given to me because I have always felt that if I prayed for and hoped for someone to come in my life and be there for me that I would seem selfish and un appreciative of the Blessings that are already present. I have always felt guilty for wanting more.

No one has ever questioned my way of thinking. This is partly because I am not all that open to talking about things like that, and partly because me thinking that way is beneficial to others in a lot of ways. If I believe that it’s selfish to want to be treated well then people who choose to take advantage of that will. Truth is people have been doing just that for a very long time. I think it’s about time for a change.

Sometimes change is a bad thing. This time change is a good thing!

That’s all I have on this one. I may write more later, but for now enjoy today February 24, 2011! I am.

2 comments:

  1. It is not selfish at all to want to be treated well, but I know what you are talking about. It is hard to put your heart out there for fear of being taken advantage of. I am so happy that you are happy and see these changes in your life as a GOOD and POSITIVE thing. God is surrounding you and your family with many blessings my friend. Love you!

    ReplyDelete