Friday, July 10, 2015

New Life- Thanking God for 2nd chances (and 3rd and 4th.... ;)

Happy Friday!

I know it has been a long, long time, but I'm back!  I have so much to talk about.  First and foremost, GOD is so GOOD!  I recently went from single mom to stay at hom mom ( at least until August when  school starts) and it feels amazing!

Let's see, where do I start?  25 years ago I met a young man.  I was a high school football trainer and he was on on the football team.  I thought he was "super cute", but dating him at that time was not in the cards.  Not long after met him, I met his little sister, Stacia, and we became close friends.  This "super cute" young man became more of a big brother figure in my life.  Our relationship was one of mutual respect with a dash of teasing in true big brother fashion.  I learned his middle name from hearing his mom say, "Kenneth Shane, stop torturing that girl!"

Fast forward 24 years-  Stacia and I kept in contact via social media.  Every now and then Kenny would tease me using the same social media outlets.  One night during one of our conversations I mentioned I secretly had a crush on him.  One thing led to another and he asked me if I would consider going on a date with him.  Of course all I could think about was the 2 hour drive that separated us, but he won my heart with the phrase, "you're worth the drive."

A few weeks later, he had booked a hotel and made plans to drive up and take me out.  Our first date was not quite what we had planned.  The minute I got in his truck to leave, my phone rang.  My oldest daughter needed my help.  She was in a bad situation and needed to move out of her apartment immediately.  Kenny knew that something was wrong by the look on my face and said, "what do WE need to do?"  We drove to Cydney's apartment and loaded up her things and moved her that night.  Of course by the time we were done it was too late to go out so first date plans were out.  When he brought me home that night, I was so amazed by what a good hearted man he was, but I was worried that I may not get a second chance at that first date.

The next morning I got a knock on my door and there stood Kenny with breakfast for the kids and I.  Right then is when I fell in love with him!  Of course we have been on several dates since then, but I believe God had a hand in our "first date fail".  See my kids are my world and that night allowed me to truly see what Kenny was like on the inside.  I had a crush on him and that night, seeing how good he was to my kids, allowed me to fall in love with his heart.  

Of course this is only one of the many second chances I have been given, but I have to admit this is my favorite!  I'm back- I'm happy- I'm writing- I'm blessed- but most of all, I am grateful!

Enjoy today, Friday July, 10, 2015 because it's the only one you will get!

Wish me love, because I certainly wish it for you!  <3 p="">
Sincerely,

Mrs. Rebekah ;)


No comments:

Post a Comment