Monday, January 24, 2011

Continued from yesterday...

2011 will be the BEST YEAR of my LIFE!!! 

When Pastor Watts made that statement  I was a little bit taken back.  I thought, best?  What about the years when my children were born?  What about the year I got my first teaching job?  Or even last year when I move to Broken Arrow?  Surely that had to rank up there with all of the newness of starting over and excitement of trying something different.  So I thought about it for a while and I decided that it should be said....  2011 will be the best year of my life- so far!!  :)  Why shouldn't each year get better and better?  God didn't intend for us to sit stagnant just because we have experienced something wonderful.  He wants us to continue to grow and do better and better.  AND when we go through those inevitable rough spots, that's when the "fake it till you feel it" comes in.  When your heart is heavy, make yourself smile, do something to help someone else, hold on to those who are close to you, and give hugs, lots and lots of hugs!!  Eventually the heavy feeling will go away and those smiles will be very real!

He also talked about having a "Spirit of Expectantcy".  I was brought up in a family where hard work rules. You work hard and you are eventually rewarded.  I was taught not to depend on others and to make sure that in any relationship I had something to bring to the table.  Sooo  "expectancy" is a hard concept for me to grasp.  However, if you look at it like a child waiting to open presents on his birthday, it kind of takes on a whole new meaning.  --  Still it's hard for me to learn to expect things to be given to me.  Pastor Watts said that we should let God know what we want and pray for guidence so that what we want aligns with what God wants for us.  I am still working all of this out in my head..  Wait, don't wait.  Do, don't do.  Expect, don't expect.  How are you supposed to know which path to choose?  I think I need a road map.

Today is Monday, January 24, 2011.  Make the most of it!  It's the only one you will ever get!
   

No comments:

Post a Comment